|“||My greatest weapon is close quarters plays||”|
Gin Gagamaru (我牙丸 吟, Gagamaru Gin) is a supporting character in the Blue Lock (Manga).
When first arriving at Blue Lock, he was a member of Team Z during First Selection. He is currently ranked #88 out of the original 300 forwards chosen to be part of the Blue Lock Project and is starting as goalie for the Blue Lock Eleven team against the Japan U-20.
Gagamaru is a very tall and long young man with long black hair kept in a bun that was dyed blond at some point. At Blue Lock, Gagamaru wears the standard-issued body suit (black with gray stripes) and tracksuit. During the First Selection, he wore Team Z’s blue #6 jersey and wears Team Z's gray-capped cleats. During Second Selection, he wore Team Red's #88 jersey and that later switched to Team C's white and blue jersey during the Third Selection. During the match against the Japan U-20, Gagagmaru dons an official Blue Lock player uniform with the #1, that looks very similar to the ones seen in the first cover spread minus the Japan flag.
- Goal Poacher
Goal poachers are forwards who wait in the six-yard box or the penalty area for a cross, pass or loose ball and pounce to try to score a goal. The "poaching" refers to the fact that they will often score a goal out of the slightest of opportunities i.e. steal a goal. Goal poachers usually play as centre forwards or second strikers.
- Body Control and Reflexes
Gagamaru has excellent body control and reflex, able to adapt to nearly any pass or downright any play. He has a springlike body which he uses for all types of shots and even tackles. His adaptive playstyle has allowed him to score goals for Team Z and last to the 3rd Selection.
- The name Gagamaru means, "reluctance and tenacity."
- Gagamaru's surname, Gin means "hum."
- His hometown is Wakayama Prefecture.
- He started playing soccer at the age of 12.
- His favorite soccer player is Gareth Bale.
- His favorite type of music is Southern All-Stars.
- He doesn't like convenience store bento.
- He eats with his hands, though the team is trying to teach him how to use utensils.
- He believes that the best way to spend a holiday would be meditating at a bamboo grove and speaking to mountain animals.